Schneider Conext XW+6848NA 120/240 VAC 6800 Watt 48 V XW Series Hybrid Inverter-Charger
The Conext XW+ is the next generation of the highly successful Conext XW hybrid inverter. Featuring higher power ratings, Conext XW+ also has better battery management, including support for lithium-ion technology. Its superior BOS integration further simplifies installation. It can be used for both DC- and AC-coupled systems and is suitable for large hybrid applications up to 102kW.
Certified to UL-1741 and CSA for grid-tie applications, the XW can be used as a grid-tie battery-backup inverter or an off-grid inverter. One or two XW MPPT charge controllers are required for PV grid-tie operation.
Unsurpassed surge capacity is achieved by using digital control to regulate the output voltage from dropping during surge. A full 200% rated output power is delivered to load under surge conditions. Efficient, power-factor-corrected, high-current multi-stage battery charging minimizes recharge time and electricity/fuel costs, and prolongs battery life.
The inverter display panel give status-at-a-glance. LEDs indicate AC-in status, faults/warnings, equalize mode, and battery state of charge. Three-character LCD indicates output power or charge current.
The new wall-mount design is easier to install than the SW power panel. The power distribution panel includes all AC/DC disconnects and wiring so there is no need to individually purchase separate components. The distribution panel and conduit box is factory wired and labeled to support one inverter in a code-compliant manner, and it has wiring space and conduit and breaker knockouts to add up to three inverters and/or four charge controllers. Field-reversible door with magnetic catch makes access to wiring easy. Options include an XW connection kit for a second inverter, an XW conduit box for systems with more than two inverters or to retrofit XW inverters into existing systems which already have AC/DC disconnects. Conduit box/raceway has barriers to ensure separation between low-voltage communication cables and AC and DC wires.
XW-MPPT60-150 60A Solar Charge Controller with integrated PV ground fault protection accepts arrays with open-circuit voltage up to 150 VAC and employs dynamic maximum power point tracking. The XW system control panel plugs into Xanbus network and provides a central user interface to configure and monitor all components in the system.
5-year warranty. Dimensions of the inverter are 16″ x 23″ x 9″. The inverter is field-serviceable without needing to remove it from the wall.
XW Series Inverter / Charger Features:
- Performs in hot environments up to 70 C
- Intelligent functionality enables solar prioritization, load shifting, peak shaving, and assists small generators with heavy loads
- Backup power with grid-tie functionality converts external DC power to AC power for export to the utility grid Flexible
- Single or three phase systems from 7.0 kW to 102 kW
- Supports DC coupled and AC coupled off-grid and grid-tie architectures
- Supports charging of Lithium Ion battery packs
- Field serviceable with replacement boards and spare parts
- Monitor, troubleshoot or upgrade firmware with Conext ComBox
- Integrates both grid and generator power with dual AC inputs
- Intelligent features Include: Grid sell, peak load shave, generator support, prioritized consumption of battery or external DC energy
- Schneider P/N: 865-6848-01 (XW+ 6848 NA)